Dates: June 12- July 7
Course fee: $ 90.00 per student per week, includes materials; $340 for four weeks
Middle School Students: 8:00 am to 10:00 am.
High School Students: 10:00 am to 12:00 pm.
Minimum number to open: 10 students
Instructor: Dr. Martin Casco
Students: Middle/High School
For all students who love hands-on experiments. This course is inquiry based and allows students to exercises their critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Students will gain additional lab training that will be applicable to their Science courses. Some examples of experiments are listed below.
Week 1: The Physicist
- Water balloon launcher [Projectile motion]
- The Ultimate parachute [Air friction]
Week 2 The Chemist
- Slime & bouncy balls [Polymerization]
- Elephant toothpaste [Chemical Reaction]
Week 3: The Biologist
- Plant DNA Isolation [Molecular Biology]
- Cheek Cell Isolation & [Histology]
- Vital signs & Reflex Arc [Medicine]
Week 4: The Engineer
- Mini Catapult [Elastic Potential Energy]
- Paper Pistol [Ballistics]